We have proxy servers at our office and due to it, I have to make modifications on several applications that needs to access internet.I frequently use svn for checkout of Google codes and in order to execute svn checkout, I had to manually set proxy configurations. Since, Ubuntu is installed at my workstation I couldn’t find any GUI of svn to manually set proxy setting as I had done on my Windows.
So after few quick search,I found the way to configure proxy settings on Ubuntu and I am sharing this tip.Please follow the following procedure and make sure that svn is installed in your machine
- Open terminal
- Invoke super user
- Navigate to /etc/subversion folder
- Then edit servers file using gedit or any other text editor
- Then under [global] header put the proxy settings as
http-proxy-exceptions = *.
##put the location of your proxy server
http-proxy-host = 192.168.3.5
##out the location of your port
- Now save the servers file
- Now you are able to use svn under your proxy server
This is all,hope you all can use svn under proxy on your respective Ubuntu OS.